Thursday, March 13, 2008

These ain't no normal gophers...


I thought they were gophers. Nope. I've never seen gophers dig holes this big. See where the surface is?Notice the cave behind Chad & Will? Gophers are put to shame. Bears would be jealous. Earth moving contractors want to hire them. I need a backhoe to clean out the tub after they came in. Scrubbing bubbles won't do it. Think they are having fun? Oh yeah!
















They did finally get cleaned up. Tonight was dodgeball night. Once again, we didn't get all the good pics. Seriously, time to work on the photo skills! We're gonna try and scam some photos tomorrow from someone with a decent camera. Taking the memory stick and see if we can't steal a few snaps. Here's a great shot of, no, not action, just getting ready for action! (Notice our mascot in the goal. Only safe place for a stroller!)
Here's one of Chad after he got out. He does look pretty cool though doesn't he?!?! Should have seen him playing soccer after dodgeball. He was running over the adults. I overheard someone taunting adults on the other team - "you're getting smoked by a 4th grader". Actually he's a 5th grader if that's any consolation. I'm just glad he was on my team.
We've been having a blast having Chad and Will here this week and getting to hang out with everyone from church. Great fellowship time. Serious competition. I think I even heard some edifying trash talk. I didn't think it was possible but there was some good natured ribbing and a lot of uplifting. It was fun with the adults and kids playing together and working hard as teams.
You know what I'm amazed about? It wasn't my kid stuck in the creek! It was one of Garrett's best friends that we'll leave unnamed but his initials are HH and we go to his house every week. Just like Garrett, "Forget the path, let's go this way!"

2 comments:

Steve Clem said...

Great pics Andy! Thank you for being such a great uncle and role model for my grandsons.
SC

Garner Zoo said...

Amanda and I have always said we'd love to have 4 boys right now - if we could have ours and Chad and Will. They rock!