Monday, March 10, 2008

Sad, sad, sad

OK, so my grieving process is different from some peoples. Deal with it. The picture is Lilly's grave. (No, she's not in there in the picture.) Lilly was a 5 year old palamino filly we kind of inherited from my brother. She passed away this weekend. Serious colic. Vet did what he could and we thought she was doing better that night. Nope. I made the long ramp for her grave so I could slide her in. I didn't want to drop the poor girl in a 6' hole. That's disrespectful. Amanda doesn't like the picture. Makes her sad. I like it because I could help her have a decent burial at least. Luke was telling everyone at church that Daddy was burying Lilly. Amanda said several people did double takes. "What did he say?" Garrett picked some of those little white flowers that grow like weeds in the yard. As soon as he got out of the truck he had me show him the grave so he could put the flowers on the grave. He's got a good heart. The good news is Bumper is back in the house. He's my heeler that I got when Amanda and I were just dating. One of the first times she saw him she had come over to the house and I was outside doing something. Came back in and she was laying on the couch watching tv with Bumper. I was not happy, he's not allowed on furniture. Somehow he and Amanda both won. Go figure. He's11 now. Can't hear really well. His poor ears have shriveled. He can't jump in the back of the truck anymore. He sleeps by my bed on an old quilt. He's happy. So am I.

No comments: