Wednesday, March 03, 2010

Wolves and Bears Oh My

Monday night was the Boy Scouts Blue and Gold Banquet. This is an award ceremony to celebrate the boys hard work throughout the year.


Here the Wolves are getting their patches and pins

Prior to the ceremony all of the boys were asked to make and decorate a cake primarily by themselves. Then the three best cakes were selected to be auctioned off to raise money for the troop.

This year Garrett wanted to decorate his cake ALL by himself. I was so proud of him for wanting to take the initiative, but oh man I had a really hard time stepping back (I know I am a bit of a control freak). Finally I really couldn't take it, so I just walked away for awhile and let him be. When I came back I was totally AMAZED.

Here is Garrett's creation....
And his cake was one of the three to be selected for the auction......yippee! I nearly jumped out of my chair. Ok so I did jump out of my chair, but I played it off so well. I just had to go and take pictures of the cute guy doing the auctioning.



Of course we couldn't let anyone else go home with Garrett's cake, so we bought it back ourselves. Best 20 buckaroos we've spent!


And one of Garrett's good friends, Drew, had his cake chosen for the auction as well.....yeah! I was so happy for both of them.


Drew and Garrett with their cakes!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.